Pediatric Nutrition Therapy develops individualized feeding plans for a wide variety of patients and families. Through our multi-disciplinary approach we specialize in assisting all children, from healthy infants to medically complex patients who require ongoing medical nutrition therapy. Our services include (but not limited to) working with oral eaters to expand food choices and proper nutrient balance, adjusting tube feeding regimens, creating meal plans, and providing educational sessions for parents.
Establishing the best feeding treatment plans for patients can vary greatly from patient to patient. It can often take time and patience when trying new formulas and feeding regimens, with ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness on the child's growth. Whether your child is facing an acute or chronic nutrition-related issue, PNT's dietitian is here to provide direction every step of the way!
What We Can Provide For You & Your Child
Our pediatric Registered Dietitians develop nutritious meal plans to provide sufficient calories, protein, fluid, and micronutrients for your child based on stage of life, growth patterns, and medical diagnosis.
- We work to EMPOWER & EDUCATE parents on the importance of individualized nutrition for their child.
- Provide guidance for children with gastrointestinal disorders, reflux, malabsorption, weight loss, failure to thrive, malnutrition, or rapid weight gain.
- Initiate, adjust and wean off tube feeding regimens and/or blenderized tube feeding recipes.
- Educate on proper food choices for children struggling with food allergies and feeding intolerances.
Common Conditions We Can Help With
- Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Food Allergies & Intolerances
- Malnutrition/Failure To Thrive
- EoE (Eosinophilic Esophagitis)
- FPIES (Food Protein Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome)
(Services Not Limited To List Above)
NEW! Pediatric Nutrition Therapy is excited to announce we are expanding our services to offer sport nutrition assessments for young athletes.
Nutrition matters for athletes! A comprehensive and individualized nutrition plan is the foundation for a strong and powerful athlete. Many young athletes suffer from insufficient fuel intake which is ultimately reflected in their suboptimal performance, reguardless of determination. Proper nutrition maximizes overall performance by boosting energy and endurance. Nutrition also assists in the recovery phase for athletes, helping to prevent fatigue and injury, while working to refuel the body to stay healthy and prepare for the next practice, lift, game, or competition.
Sport Nutrition Evaluations
During a sport nutrition evaluation, athletes will receive one-on-one counseling with our registered dietitian to assess the individual nutrient needs of each athlete which includes calories, carbohydrates, protein, fat, fluid, and micronutrients. We work to set sport nutrition related goals and educate and empower young athletes to implement nutrition strategies to optimize their performance.
Who Would Benefit From A Sport Nutrition Evaluation
Athletes with the following concerns:
- Poor eating habits
- Underweight with need for weight gain
- Overweight with need for weight loss or maitenance
- Disordered eating patterns
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Sport related dehydration
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Low bone mineral density
- Stress fractures
- Constipation or diarrhea with exercise
- Food allergies & intolerances
Contact us to set up an appointment with our Registered Dietitian!